Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Planning, Planning, Planning

So, I think I am doing thinks out of order, but I don't care, I do what I want, lol.


I have decided on a budget: $25,000. Where I did get this number? I pulled it out the sky to be quite honest. Actually, I follow a few blogs and I was looking at what they spent, giving more consideration to the people who have similiar travel styles as me or traveling to the places I would like to see. I then took an average and came up the magic number:

$25,000

Also, I decided I would be traveling from West to East, not sure if this is the correct direction, but seriously, is there really a right or wrong way to do this? There might be a better way, but to each its own.

This will probably be edited multiple times but here is where I am thinking of going, as of today:
  • Starting in Los Angeles - by plane- to Tokyo
  • Travel all over Japan by train
  • Back to Tokyo -by plane- to Seoul
  • Travel all over Korea- by train or bus
  • Back to Seoul- by plane- to Beijing
  • Beijing -by Train- to Shanghai
  • Shanghai- by plane? (i don't remember, lol)- to Taipei
  • Taipei- by plane- to Hong Kong
  • Hong Kong -by plane-Singapore
  • Singapore- by plane/boat/spaceship? (once again, I forget)-Bali
  • From Bali back to Singapore
  • Singapore -by carrier pigeon? (lots of kins to work out, lol)- Bangkok
  • Bangkok-by scooter (yea, I should have wrote how I was getting to each place down, lol) to Bombay
  • Bombay -by train/bus- to Delhi
  • Delhi -by ...(i give up) - to Dubai
  • Dubai - by plane to NYC (Home!!!!)
I know, I know. I have a lot of kinks to get out, but hey, this is just the beginning and I only got this crazy idea in my head like 2weeks ago. I also realize that I have somehow completely skipped Malaysia. Honestly, at this point I'm not really interested in going there anyway, but if it sparks my interest later on I guess I will add it.

I also got some price estimates for all this fun:
-Star Alliance: $6965, also added London for my trip for some reason
-OneWorld: $3285-$4500, added Dubai themselves

These are very rough estimates and I am only looking at RTW tickets for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment